How much do you pay for cable television each month? If you’re like most people, the answer is probably more than $100. And, you might be wondering if there’s a less expensive way to get great television reception and watch your favorite shows.
One option is to invest in a digital TV antenna like the EZ Digital TV Antenna. In this review, we’ll tell you what the EZ Digital TV Antenna is, how it works, and how difficult it is to install. We’ll also run through the pros and cons of this product as we see them and give you our recommendation about buying this antenna for your home.
What is the EZ Digital TV Antenna?
The EZ Digital TV Antenna is a high definition indoor digital TV antenna. The company describes it as the “the best indoor HDTV in the country.” It’s a razor-thin antenna that you can mount anywhere in your home. Here are some of its features:
- Allows capture of 1080p HD signals
- Has a 50-mile radius and will work anywhere in the United States
- Dual VHF/UHF reception, antenna has a 20 dB gain
- Receives 100+ HD channels so you can watch your favorite TV shows and live sporting events
The EZ Digital TV Antenna is designed for indoor or outdoor use, although the company does warn that mounting it inside can result in a loss of range and strength, so keep that in mind when you are deciding where to put the antenna.
Is the EZ Digital TV Antenna Difficult to Install?
One of the most common questions people have when buying a new piece of electronic equipment is how difficult it will be to set up. If you’ve ever struggled to interpret a poorly-written manual, you know what we mean.
The good news is that the EZ Digital TV Antenna uses plug-and-play technology. It takes only three minutes to set up, not counting the time you’ll need to scan for channels. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to set it up:
- Using the coaxial cable that comes with the antenna, connect the EZ Digital TV Antenna to the back of your television set’s coaxial receiver.
- Position the EZ Digital TV Antenna in the place where it gets the best reception – you may need to engage in a bit of trial and error to find the best spot.
- Select the antenna as the source on your TV and do a channel scan.
Once you do the scan, you’ll be able to enjoy free digital television using the EZ Digital TV Antenna.
While many of the digital TV antennas on the market are designed for indoor use, the EZ Digital TV Antenna works best when it is mounted outside your home. The company’s website says that users should expect approximately a 50% loss of strength and range if the antenna is mounted inside. If you do decide to mount the EZ Digital TV Antenna inside your home, the attic is usually the best spot for it.
Pros and Cons of the EZ Digital TV Antenna
No product is perfect, and while there’s a lot to like about the EZ Digital TV Antenna, there are some potential downsides to buying it, too. Here are the pros and cons as we see them, beginning with the pros:
- The EZ Digital TV Antenna has a 50-mile radius, higher than many of the other digital antennas on the market can claim without requiring the purchase of an amplifier.
- If you cancel your cable, you can easily save hundreds of dollars every year by using the EZ Digital TV Antenna.
- The antenna is very easy to set up and requires no technical expertise to use.
- The reception is clear, especially if you place the antenna outside your home.
Here are a few potential downsides to consider:
- While the EZ Digital TV Antenna picks up many broadcasts, you may not have the same array of choices and programming you get with cable television.
- Placing the antenna inside your home may result in a significant loss of strength and range (up to 50%, as we stated above.)
- While it is possible to split one antenna and use it on multiple television sets, it works best if you buy a separate antenna for each television in your home.
- The EZ Digital TV Antenna is not available in brick-and-mortar stores and must be purchased online.
On the whole, we’re inclined to believe that the pros outweigh the cons, especially for people who have been looking for ways to save money on cable. With no monthly payments, the EZ Digital TV Antenna is an affordable alternative to paying for cable.
Examples of shows you may get through antenna:
How Much Does the EZ Digital TV Antenna Cost?
By now, you are probably wondering about the prices for the EZ Digital TV Antenna. The company offers deep discounts to people who buy more than one antenna at a time. Here is how the prices break down:
- One EZ Digital TV Antenna is $39.95, which is 40% less than the original retail price
- Two antennas cost $69.90, which works out to $34.95 each
- Three antennas cost $99.99, which works out to $33.33 each
- Four antennas cost $130, which works out to $32.50 each
- Five antennas cost $149.75, which works out to $19.95 each
It is also worth noting that if you order more than one EZ Digital TV Antenna, you will receive the free gift of a Spotless Cleaning Kit, which has a retail value of $19.95. They offer free shipping to new customers or you can get expedited shipping for $2.49.
Finally, you should know that the manufacturer offers a 30-day money back guarantee. If you try the EZ Digital TV Antenna and aren’t satisfied, you can simply call to get a return authorization and receive a full refund.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that the EZ Digital TV Antenna is a worthwhile product for anybody who wants to get clear TV reception without paying exorbitant prices to the cable company each month. This product is easy to use, affordable, and delivers great results.
To buy one or more EZ Digital TV Antennas now, please click here.