Almost everybody these days pays for cable television to get access to the programming they want. Without it, it can be difficult to get clear reception. Unfortunately, those cable bills can add up. In fact, many of us end up spending more than $100 per month for their cable subscription.
But, what if you could get many of the same shows you get on cable – up to 90% of them – for a one-time payment that might be even less than your monthly bill? That’s the promise behind a new product, the SkyLink TV Antenna.
In this review, we’ll explore what the SkyLink TV Antenna is, how it works, and ask whether it’s a viable replacement for your monthly cable service.
What is the SkyLink TV Antenna?
The SkyLink TV Antenna is a thin, wireless antenna designed to be mounted inside your home. It can pick up signals for many TV shows and live events that are broadcast in the open air. Depending on where you live, you might be able to get up to 90% of the shows that are on the air using the antenna.
The SkyLink TV Antenna was designed with the same technology the military uses to detect dangerous IEDs. Here’s what you’ll get when you buy it:
- 1080p HD digital reception
- Access to up to 90% of programs broadcast in the open air
- Reception from any broadcast towers located within 30 miles of your home, and the potential to boost the reach to 60 miles with the included amplifier
This product is very small and unobtrusive. Here are the specs so you can get an idea of how it looks:
- Measures 13” wide by 12” tall – and it’s razor thin, too
- Weighs just 12 ounces
- Thin enough to mount behind your TV, on a wall or window, or even behind a picture frame
- Comes with a 10-foot cord that you can use to attach it to any HD television, computer, or laptop
- Sleek design won’t interfere with your furnishings or home decorations
The product also comes with a stand if you prefer to mount it on a tabletop or next to your television on your TV stand or entertainment center.
How Difficult Is it to Set Up the SkyLink TV Antenna?
One of the big concerns people have with any technical product is set-up. How difficult will it be for a person who’s not a tech whiz to get the SkyLink TV Antenna up and running?
The good news is that the set-up is very simple and intuitive. Out of the box, all you need to do is plug the antenna into the TV, PC, or laptop of your choice. Then, you’ll need to determine the best place to hang or mount the antenna.
Choosing a location is the most complex part of the set-up. If there are obstructions (such as trees or buildings) around your home, you may need to try various locations before committing to the best one. Fortunately, the antenna itself is so light that moving it around isn’t difficult.
You don’t need to live in a heavily populated area for this antenna to work. If there’s at least one tower within range of your home, you’ll be able to use the SkyLink TV Antenna and get access to dozens of free channels.
Examples of shows you may get through antenna:
What Are the Pros and Cons of the SkyLink TV Antenna?
Every product on the market has pros and cons – things that are especially good or particularly problematic. The SkyLink TV Antenna is no exception. Let’s start by looking at the pros:
- The SkyLink TV Antenna deliver strong, multidirectional reception that virtually guarantees you’ll get access to dozens of free channels no matter where you live
- The antenna has a sleek design and is unobtrusive enough to work with any décor
- The price is a one-time payment that’s less than most people pay for their monthly cable subscription
- Using the SkyLink TV Antenna can help you cut down on your cable bill
Here are a few potential downsides to consider before you order:
- The SkyLink TV Antenna may not work for you if you live in an extremely remote area or have large obstructions around your home
- While you will get many free channels, the SkyLink TV Antenna won’t pick up premium channels like HBO or Showtime
- This product is only available online – you can’t walk into a store and buy it
- The customer service could be better – but we hope they’ll improve it
If you’re paying through the nose for cable, we think the pros of this product outweigh the cons. The price (which we’ll get to in a minute) is affordable and you may be able to cut way back on your cable if you buy it.
How Much Does the SkyLink TV Antenna Cost?
By this time, you’re probably wondering how much the SkyLink TV Antenna costs. You may also have concerns if you have more than one television or computer in your home. Is this product still affordable if you need to buy several?
The good news is that the SkyLink TV Antenna is very affordable, and the company offers discounts to people who buy more than one. Here’s how the prices break down:
- One SkyLink TV Antenna costs $31.43
- Two SkyLink TV Antennas cost $57.63
- Three SkyLink TV Antennas cost $78.59
- Four SkyLink TV Antennas cost $94.30
- Five SkyLink TV Antennas cost $112.64
In other words, if you order five SkyLink TV Antennas, you’ll pay just $22.53 per antenna. That’s a very affordable price when you consider this is a one-time payment and not a bill that you’ll pay month after month.
One final note about price. The SkyLink TV Antenna comes with free shipping, so all you’ll need to pay for are the antennas themselves.
Check Out The SkyLink TV Presentation
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that the SkyLink TV Antenna is a worthwhile product to try. Many similar products can only be amplified to 50 miles, so the additional 10 miles here gives the SkyLink TV Antenna a leg up on the competition.
If you’d like to order one (or five!) SkyLink TV Antennas today, please click here now.
Please note: We are not the owners SkyLink TV Antenna. All communication intended for SkyLink TV Antenna should be directed to the following:
Address: Attn: CE Center +1905
200 Docks Corner Road, Suite 221
Dayton, NJ 08810
Their Customer Service Support Team can be contacted Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 AM and 5 PM EST.