The idea of home entertainment replacing the movie theater would have been unthinkable just a couple of decades ago. Video options were limited and so were our choices – but that has all changed. Today, the wide availability of streaming options and advanced in technology have made it easy to get home access to a huge array of entertainment.
One product that claims to be able to replace cable TV by giving users instant access to channels that are broadcast openly is TV Now Pro. We decided to check it out and see if this product lives up to its promises.
What Is TV Now Pro?
Let’s start by talking about what the TV Now Pro is. Simply put, it’s a state-of-the-art television antenna that you can attach to your television. It uses military technology to provide clear reception and range. Using it, you can get:
- 1080p HD TV reception
- Multidirectional reception to maximize the programs you can watch
- Access to anything being broadcast from towers within a 30-mile radius of the antenna
- The ability to extend the antenna’s range to 50 miles using an amplifier
- Compatible with most televisions, PCs, and laptops
The TV Now Pro is a razor-thin antenna that can easily be mounted behind your television, on a wall, on a window, or even behind a picture frame. The TV Now Pro also comes with a convenient stand if you’d prefer to mount it on a table top or on your entertainment console.
To give you an idea of how small and unobtrusive the TV Now Pro is, here are the specs:
- Measures 230 mm by 110 mm (that’s about 9 inches by 4.3 inches)
- Weights only 86 grams (that’s only 3.03 ounces)
- Razor thin design
This product is very thin and has a sleek design that won’t interfere with your home décor. Once it’s installed, you’ll hardly know it’s there.
Is TV Now Pro Easy to Set Up?
One thing that we really like about the TV Now Pro antenna is how easy it is to set up. The product comes with a 2.4-meter-long cord that you can use to attach it to your HD television, computer, or laptop. That’s long enough to give you a lot of flexibility in terms of where to place the antenna in relation to your TV.
Installation is as easy as plugging the antenna in to your television, PC, or laptop. Once it’s attached, you’ll need to decide where you want to put it and scan for channels. That process will take several minutes.
The one part of the installation process that requires some patience is that, depending on where you live, you might need to experiment with different locations in your home before settling on a final spot for your TV Now Pro. It has a range of 30 miles, but if you live in a heavily wooded area or valley, you might need to put the antenna in a spot with the fewest possible obstructions to get the reception you want.
Pros and Cons of the TV Now Pro
Every product has its pros and cons – things that are great and potentially problematic. The TV Now Pro is no exception. Let’s look at those things, starting with the pros:
- The TV Now Pro has multi-directional reception to give you the best possible chance of picking up your favorite TV shows and channels
- The 30-mile range (which can be boosted to 50 miles with an amplifier) means that unless you live in a very remote area, you’ll get a wide array of content to choose from
- There’s no monthly payment – just a one-time payment to buy the product
- Using the TV Now Pro can help you cut down what you spend on cable TV, satellites, and streaming services
There are a few potential cons to consider, as well. Here they are:
- People who live in very remote or rural areas may not be able to get the same reception and broadcast options as people who live within range of many broadcast towers
- Not all channels and shows are available with TV Now Pro, so you may still wind up spending some money on streaming or cable
- The TV Now Pro is only available to buy online, not in stores
We can’t predict what kind of content you’ll be able to get because we don’t know where you live. Overall, though, we think the pros outweigh the cons. It’s very likely you’ll be able to cut your cable and entertainment expenses by buying the TV Now Pro.
How Much Does the TV Now Pro Cost?
By now, you’re probably wondering how much it will cost you to buy the TV Now Pro. If you have more than one television or device in your home, you’re in luck. The company offers volume discounts, so you can get a TV Now Pro for every TV or computer in your home. Here’s how the prices break down:
- One TV Now Pro for $35.74
- Two TV Now Pros for $65.99
- Three TV Now Pros for $82.49
- Four TV Now Pros for $98.98
- Five TV Now Pros for $118.32
If you buy five TV Now Pros, you’ll save 33% off individual price. Since many of us pay more than that for our monthly cable bills, that’s a significant savings.
It’s also worth noting that the TV Now Pro comes with a limited warranty. For an additional $8.25, you can buy the company’s Lifetime Repair and Replacement Warranty.
Our Final Recommendation
Our final recommendation is that the TV Now Pro is a very good product and worth buying. Its easy installation and crystal-clear reception give it the potential to cut down on your monthly cable, satellite, and streaming bills by giving you access to up to 90% of the shows you love. And, the affordable lifetime replacement warranty means that there’s virtually no risk if you want to try it.